Vampire: The Masquerade Mania Continues, Yet Another Game to Hit Later This Year
Fans of Vampire: The Masquerade have a lot to look forward to. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, a separate VtM game from developer Big Bad Wolf, and Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood are all on the way, and now a yet another game set in the World of Darkness universe has been announced!
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York is a new visual-novel-style adventure from developer Draw Distance (Serial Cleaner, Ritual: Crown of Horns). Coteries of New York will offer up multiple playable characters, and a branching, replayable story. You can check out a very brief trailer, below.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple. It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition. The game does justice to the mature themes of the World of Darkness, and takes advantage of the atmosphere of the source material.
- Choose your character from one of several distinct vampire Clans
- Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines
- Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties
- Highly replayable - choices made in the game are reflected by the game's changing fiction
- Various endings depending on your actions - which conclusion will you reach?
- Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York lurks onto PC and Nintendo Switch later this year. What do you think? Will you give this game a shot, or are you already approaching VtM overload?