Guide to Update MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250
MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM is best for those who are looking for CM10.1 without losing stock firmware feel and pre-rooted ROM. This ROM is based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean and is now available for Galaxy Nexus I9250 handsets.
MoDaCo CynaogenMod custom ROM is a merge of MCR releases and CM10.1 features – MCR is designed to feel like a stock ROM with tweaks, complimentary features and some optimizations enhancing the end user experience while making it reliable for daily use. What the MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM does is blending the great tweaks and features of CyanogenMod while keeping the goodness of a MCR to give a you a feel of both the worlds. Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features include multi-user support, gesture typing, lock-screen widgets, revamped camera app, Photo Sphere, quick settings option and many more!
Some of the MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM features include patched Google Wallet, Facebook Sync support, legacy browser and flash, legacy play store, NFC on screen off, 2G toggle support, Boot logo, titanium backup preinstalled, alternative app stores (Amazon and SlideMe market) and sports the options like disable camera sound, XXLH1 baseband, is pre-rooted, de-odexed and re-odexable and is based on CyanogenMode 10.1 nightlies. In this post we will present you a guide to update MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250 devices.
Important: The MoDaCo CyanogenMod custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is still under development and may cause bugs and issues. All issues are being worked upon during the development.
Note: The tutorial is written specifically for Galaxy Nexus model number I9250. Trying this guide on any other Android devices is not recommended. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About Phone.
Pre requisites before updating Google Nexus I9250 to MoDaCo CM10.1:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Nexus carries more than 80% of charge.
Checked all the pre-reqs? Good! Now we will go through a step by step guide to update MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250. Before going to the list, please download the required file from MoDaCo CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy Nexus I9250.
How to Install ModaCo CM10.1 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250:
- Connect Nexus i9250 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and switch Galaxy Nexus off. Boot in to recovery mode by pressing holding Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the screen flashes. Alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important.
- Wipe the data now by go to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. It will take a few minutes until the data wipe is completed. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition, once it’s finished, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Now select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM zip file copied earlier and select it by pressing power button. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once installation process is done go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot up into the custom Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM. It will take a bit of time, be patient.
To return to the previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup and restore and restore your previous by selecting it from here.
Ta da! We are done with flashing our Samsung Nexus i9250 to MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly bean. Enjoy the new custom ROM and let us know in case of any troubles during the update.
Note: Please don’t skip any of the steps to avoid chances of getting your Nexus device bricked. While we have used ClockworkMod recovery, you can do it with TWRP or any other similar custom recovery. Flashing this custom ROM will increase binary counter. Give your new ROM a few minutes to settle every feature for you.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter