Update Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 to XXAMD2 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 GT-S7710 got a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official update rolled out. You can update your device from KIES or OTA. But if you want to do it manually then follow this easy tutorial to update your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 to XXAMD2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware update release.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMD2 firmware details:
Date: May, 2013
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 to XXAMD2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Xcover 2.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Xcover in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 to XXAMD2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware:
Required files: download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMD2 for Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware zip file in your desktop and you would get a .tar.md5 file and some other optional files. Also, extract the Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe with a few other files.
- Turn off your Xcover and wait for a few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Put your Galaxy Xcover 2 in Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see a construction Android robot in phone screen. Then press Volume Up key again to enter into Download Mode.
- Ru the Odin exe as an Administrator because admin privileges are required to complete this installation process smoothly.
- Connect your Xcover 2 S7710 with your computer using a USB cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message under Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. In case you don’t get it then try another USB port. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow to confirm if you successfully have added your device.
- Now, select these files from S7710XXAMD2 firmware extracted folder that in Odin at respective buttons: Click the PDA button to select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name. This one is a required file. Add the next three files ONLY IF you have got them in the downloaded folder:  in the Phone button select file with *modem* in its name, click the CSC button to select file with *csc* in its name and  click the PIT button, and select the .pit file.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check-boxes are only two selected in Odin. If you had got a .pit file then also make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected too.
- Double check everything in above two steps and hit the START button to initiate the flashing process.
- When the installation is done successfully, your phone will reboot automatically. You will soon get a PASS message in ODIN. Now you can safely unplug the USB cable and disconnect your Xcover from computer.
Ta da! Your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 is officially updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXAMD2. To verify this firmware update go to Settings > About phone.