Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean – Official Nightlies
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105 can too now be updated to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by rooting it to CM 10.1. This update will bring the Galaxy Note 2 LTE variant to the latest features, functions and capabilities of both the CyanogenMod 10.1 and the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Follow this step by step guide carefully to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Don't miss out the points mentioned in pre-reqs too.
Important: this guide is specifically written for the LTE variant of Galaxy Note 2 model N7105 - please do not try it on any other devices or models.
Pre-reqs to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 2 LTE in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your Note 2 LTE carries more than 80% of charge.
Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- After downloading the above files on your computer, connect your device with the PC using the USB data cable.
- Copy both these files on your Note 2 LTE and disconnect it from the PC.
- Switch your Galaxy Note 2 off to boot it into the recovery mode.
- To boot your handset in to the recovery mode, press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously - release when the Samsung logo shows up.
- From the recovery mode menu, now we will perform the wiping data operations: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation - skip this step if your Note 2 is already sporting a CM10.1 ROM, in which case you will be just flashing the new build over the old one. Select the wipe cache partition to clear the cache.
- Now we will flash the ROM: choose install zip from sdcard and follow it by taping on the choose zip from the sdcard. Locate the file and confirm installation.
- Repeat the above step, but this time choose and install the Google Apps package file instead of the ROM file.
- Once done, select +++go back+++ and the select reboot system now to boot your Galaxy Note 2 LTE to the newly flashed CM 10.1 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Ta da! We are done with rooting our Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE to the CM10.1 based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter