Update Google Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4
The new AOKP Jelly Bean Milestone Release build 4 based on the latest Android 4.2.2 is now out for the Google Nexus 10 tablet. In order to flash your device to this update, make sure to carefully follow all the pre-reqs and guide steps.
Note: this tutorial is written for the Google Nexus 10 tablet. So please do not try this on any other Android devices or models.
Prerequisites before you update Google Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Google device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 10 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option in your handset.
- Create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM which makes a Restore point to go back in case you don't like the new ROM or want to switch back
- Make sure that some custom recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Note 10.1 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update Google Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean:
- Connect your Google Nexus to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your handset. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and turn your tablet off.
- Now we need to boot in to the recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work properly or you want to switch back. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup path. Go back to recovery menu after backup process is done.
- Now perform the data wiping task on your Galaxy Note 10.1 by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. It will take you a few minutes until the data wiping process is completed. After this is finished, come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to perform Dalvik cache wiping. - Skip this step if your Nexus is already sporting a AOKP JB MR1 ROM.
- After the data wiping task in done, select the install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Now locate the ROM file that you had copied earlier. Confirm installation on the next screen.
- Once the ROM installation is done, repeat the above step but choose the Google Apps Package file rather than the ROM file.
- When the installation of Google Apps Package is also completed, return back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your tablet to the new Android 4.2.2 based AOKP JB Build 4.