How To Unlock Xbox One To Windows 10 “Very High Quality” Streaming
With the release of Windows 10 a few weeks ago, gamers finally had the chance to try the Xbox One to Windows 10 streaming functionality.
However, it turns out that the "high quality" preset wasn't really the maximum available. Clever Reddit user OomaThurman discovered a way to unlock the "very high quality" preset, which significantly improves the image quality as you can see in these World of Tanks screenshots.
Here's the procedure, though we should warn you that this change will require additional bandwidth from your network, hovering around 10-15 mbps, probably because this is a full 1080P streaming.
- Open File Explorer and copy/paste the following location: (assuming that you have installed Windows 10 on C:\ drive) C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\
- Scroll down and open the folder that starts with “Microsoft.XboxApp…”
- Open the folder LocalState
- Right click the “userconsoledata” file and choose Open With Notepad (or Wordpad)
- Modify this parameter <IsInternalPreview>false</IsInternalPreview>
into this one <IsInternalPreview>true</IsInternalPreview>
- Now, open the Xbox App, begin streaming and at the top right of the stream window you will be able to select Very High quality.
Let us know if you've managed to do it and if this improved your streaming experience.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter