Two-Man Team Gets World First of an Anthem Stronghold (Intended for a Party of Four) at the Highest Difficulty
While Anthem is not technically out yet (it's scheduled to release officially on February 22nd), plenty of fans already managed to get into the game via the Origin Access (PC) or EA Access (Xbox One) subscriptions, which granted access to the game from February 15th.
A few have even begun doing endgame content on the game's highest difficulties (Grand Master 1-3). Today, a two-man team composed of Ranger Nullific and Storm Takanome successfully completed the Temple of the Scar Stronghold (the equivalent of a dungeon in Anthem) at the highest difficulty setting, Grand Master 3. It is particularly noteworthy because Strongholds are meant to be played by a party of four players.
According to Nullific, the enterprising couple used enemy pathing and the terrain itself to their advantage. Nonetheless, the endeavor was rather lengthy as clearing everything up to the final boss took about an hour, and then the final fight took them two hours (one spent just 'wiping' repeatedly). He also shared his Ranger build, for anyone interested.
In preparation for the launch scheduled for next Friday, BioWare has provided a detailed (albeit still incomplete) changelog of the Day One patch.
The highlights include:
High level fixes
- Improved loading times
- Fixed many infinite loading screens
- Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
- A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
- Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers
General Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
- Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
- Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
- Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
- Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
- The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
- The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm’s ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
- The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time
- Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component
- Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter