Total War: Arena Developer Diary Discusses Wargaming Partnership
Creative Assembly released their first Developer Diary for the team-based tactical free-to-play Total War: Arena.
Gabor Beressy, Game Director for Total War: Arena walks us through everything that's going on in Arena's ongoing development and their partnership with Wargaming.
If you want to know about Total War: Arena below is a list of features provided by Creative Assembly:
- Built for multiplayer RTS fans: fast-paced 10v10 battles on custom made battlefield maps, where decisive strategies, combat tactics, and teamwork will decide who is victorious.
- Players control three units of warriors led by an iconic commander from history, each with their own battle style.
- Choose from Alexander the Great, Leonidas, Germanicus, Caesar and more.
- Deep progression: level up commanders and units to open up even more specialist skills, weaponry, armor and abilities.
- Total War’s epic scale and high-quality strategy gameplay, designed purely for multiplayer.
- Play for free with option for in-game purchases to customize units and speed progression.
Last year, Total War: Arena launched a beta which showed off Arminius and the Barbarian horde. Since then, they've launched a handful of close alphas and with an overwhelming number of players taking part in them. Teaming up with the people over at Wargaming, the massive studio behind World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships, both studios seem to have really hit the ground running.
Aside from UI changes, most players won't notice many of the 'under the hood' changes that have taken place since the last alpha. According to the video, there's still a lot of work to be done since they want to add more features, units and improve the overall online experience.
Total War: Arena is currently in closed alpha but the devs are looking to open up the beta to the public later this Summer.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter