The Witcher 3 Patch 1.04 Released on PC; Boosts Texture Rendering Quality
While console players are still waiting for a new patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that will improve the overall performance of the game and remove bugs and glitches, CD Projekt RED has released another patch for the PC version today, following the major update that was released last week. The new patch is now available on GOG and Steam, and provides a number of technical adjustments as well as a few notable visual improvements to the most critically-acclaimed RPG of the current generation.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.04 Improves Overall Performance and Stability - Changes Detailed in Patch Notes
Improving overall performance and stability, Patch 1.04 boosts the texture rendering quality, improving visuals for those who are running the game on high or ultra settings. Additionally, it also makes further improvements to the performance of NVIDIA Hairworks, and displays 1280 x 720 resolution as a valid resolution option. The new patch also allows players to use rebinding after enabling it in Options\Key Bindings submenu. You can check out all the fixes and improvements that the Patch 1.04 comes with on PC in the patch notes below.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.04 Changelog
- Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the 'Unlock Bindings' option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
- Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
- Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
Further improvements made in Nvidia Hairworks performance.
- A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
- Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
- Updates the game icon.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
A new patch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the open-world RPG is also coming this week at the earliest, addressing the frame rate issues of the game and more.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter