Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 won’t be out for a couple more weeks yet, but, of course, Ubisoft is already dishing about the game’s post-launch content. As with most recent Ubisoft games, the majority of the content, including three story expansions and new Specializations, will be free, but Ubisoft will also be offering a $40 Year 1 Pass. Check out The Division 2's Year 1 trailer, below.
Each free episode will include new narrative missions, new PvE and PvP modes, and an additional Specialization. The three episodes will arrive in summer, fall, and winter of this year. Here’s a brief rundown of what to expect from each episode:
- D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions (Episode 1) will take you to the surrounding areas of Washington as you chase down elite members of the Outcasts and Black Tusks and fight for the liberation of the city in new locations.
- Pentagon: The Last Castle (Episode 2) will bring you to one of America's most iconic locations to unveil what secrets lie inside this well protected maze.
- Our third Episode will conclude Year 1 of The Division 2 and pave the way for more thrilling content.
As mentioned, there’s also a paid Year 1 Pass. Much like with Ghost Recon Wildlands, the season pass is mainly for those who want to get a headstart on new content – you’ll get one-week early access to the free episodes and can instantly unlock new Specializations. You’ll also get access to some exclusive cosmetics and “classified” missions. Here’s the full lowdown:
7-Day Early Access to Episode Narrative Content
- Owners of the Pass will have a 7-day early access to the narrative content only, included in all Year 1 Episodes.
Instant unlock of the Year 1 Specializations
- At launch, The Division 2 will include three Specializations, instantly available to everyone when reaching max level (Level 30).
- Throughout Year 1, we will release three additional Specializations for your agent. Year 1 Pass holders will unlock these new specializations as soon as they're released.
- For those who do not have the Year 1 Pass, specializations will be released at the same time, but must be unlocked over time through gameplay.
- Year 1 Pass holders will also be able to earn exclusive cosmetic items with each Specialization's release.
Exclusive Access to Classified Assignments
- Over the course of Year 1, Pass holders will have exclusive access to 8 Classified Assignments, which will provide more story behind the events leading to your arrival in D.C.
- Completing each assignment will award you with a unique and exclusive backpack trophy to customize your Agent's look.
Additional Bounties and Projects
- Bounties in The Division 2 are special tasks to eliminate specific enemy targets, while Projects are assignments to complete various tasks around D.C.
- As a Year 1 Pass holder, you will get access to one additional Bounty per week and one extra Project per day for a Challenging mission.
- This perk ends on March 1st, 2020.
Exclusive Cosmetic Items
- Year 1 Pass holders will get access to these exclusive rewards: the Agent Ward Outfit and the Scout emote.
Finally, yes, The Division 2 will have loot boxes, called “Apparel Caches.” As the name implies, all the stuff in these caches will be cosmetic. The loot boxes will come in two variants – Standard Caches are earned strictly through gameplay and draw from a standard loot pool, while Event Caches contain limited-time loot and can be bought with real money.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is coming to PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on March 15. The game’s open beta runs from March 1 to March 4.