Use TaiG v2.1.3 To Jailbreak iOS 8.1.3, 8.2, 8.3 On Windows – How To
TaiG team has released a new update for the jailbreak tool fixing earlier bugs and issues. The following update is compatible with Windows and has support for iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3. Windows users can now jailbreak iOS 8.3 devices for customization beyond restricted Apple boundaries.
Before we begin, some factors need to be considered for a safe and secure jailbreak:
- Jailbreakers should backup their device data to iCloud or iTunes just in case for any missed operation or technical malfunctioning.
- Do take note that the the jailbreak done using TaiG v2.1.3 is restricted to Windows users alone.
- Firmware supported for Jailbreak using TaiG v2 include iOS 8.1.3, 8.2 and 8.3.
- Devices to support TaiG v2.1.3 jailbreak include iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5, 4S, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 1/2/3, iPod Touch 5 and iPad 2/3/4.
- Restore iOS 8.3 device (recommended).
Jailbreak iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3 using TaiG v2.1.3 – Begin
As to begin, first thing you have to do is to get the latest version of TaiG Jailbreak. Get TaiG v2.1.3 from here.
Along with this make sure that Passcode or Touch ID and Find My iPhone are switched off. To turn off Passcode or Touch ID, navigate to Settings >> then Touch ID and Passcode and turn it off using your passcode. To turn off Find My iPhone, go to Settings >> iCloud >> Find My iPhone and turn it off.
Connect your iOS 8.1.3, 8.2, 8.3 device to a Windows PC and open the TaiG Tool for jailbreaking, that you downloaded earlier.
Connect your device correctly so it can be detected and a window will be prompted which will carry information regarding DEBs to be installed and the device information as well. However, a ‘Cant find Apple device’ window will be displayed if detection goes wrong.
Among the two DEBs displayed, check the ‘Cydia | 1.1.16’ and uncheck 3K ‘Assistant | 2.3.0’ and press start to proceed the jailbreak. The interface will display the progress of jailbreaking which might take a while, so be patient. Once its done, a ‘Jailbreak Succeeded’ message will be displayed.
After the automatic reboot of your iOS device, your Home screen would have Cydia installed.
And that’s to it, people. You jailbreaked your iOS 8.1.3 – 8.3 device using TaiG v2.1.3. Want some sweet jaibreak tweaks to make your day? Here’s our list of iOS 8.3 compatible jailbreak tweaks. Let us know if it worked out for you.