More information on the next major Street Fighter V update, which is set to introduce a new gameplay mechanic, will be coming next week.
Today, Capcom confirmed that a new livestream will detail not only the update but also the next DLC character, Dan, on February 11th. The livestream will be aired at 9:00 AM PST on the Capcom Fighters Twitch channel.
The #SFV Winter Update show is coming your way!
Join us and special guests for updates on Season 5, Dan, a new gameplay mechanic, eSports news and more! #SFVWinterUpdate
— Street Fighter (@StreetFighter) February 2, 2021
The Street Fighter V Winter Update and the release of Dan will kick-off the game's final season. Rose, Oro, Akira from Rival Schools, and a yet to be confirmed character will join the roster following Dan in the coming months.
- Dan - A mainstay from the Street Fighter Alpha series and last appearing in Street Fighter IV, Dan Hibiki will be bringing his (over) confidence and iconic “Taunt” to Street Fighter V. A training partner of Ryu and Ken, Dan considers himself well-equipped to “school” other players with his unique Saikyo-ryu (“Strongest Style”) fighting style. Release timing: Winter 2020
- Rose - Rose is a fortune telling fan-favorite character who also previously starred in the Alpha series and Street Fighter IV. Using her tarot cards, Rose will arrive armed with a variety of unique special moves and plans to channel all of her Soul Power energy into Street Fighter V. Release timing: Spring 2021
- Oro - Last appearing in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Oro is an ancient martial arts master who exists as an immortal hermit. He restricts one of his arms from use in order to give his opponents an advantage, but that won’t stop Oro from being one of the most well-trained and powerful fighters in Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
- Akira - First introduced in Capcom’s 1997 fighting game Rival Schools: United by Fate, Akira Kazama is preparing to make her Street Fighter debut. As an acquaintance of Sakura, Akira has previous ties to the Street Fighter universe and is gearing up to bring her biker style look and clever gimmicks to Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
- ???? – You may also remember we previously said there would be five characters for Season V… but we’re not quite ready to announce our fifth yet. Stay tuned for info on that later on!
Street Fighter V is now available on PC and PlayStation 4 worldwide.