Street Fighter V’s Final Season Will Include Fan-Favorite Characters Dan, Rose, and More
Street Fighter V is getting one last year of new content, and it’s packed with fan-favorite characters from a variety of different Capcom fighting series. Over the next year players will be able to take control of Rose from Street Fighter Alpha, Oro from Street Fighter III, Akira from Rival Schools, the immortal goofball Dan, and one final unnamed character. You can also expect new costumes, stages, and battle mechanics. All of this was revealed in a new Street Fighter V Summer Update stream, which you can check out below.
Here’s the Street Fighter V Season 5 roadmap (click image for full resolution) and some extra detail on the new fighters:
- Dan - A mainstay from the Street Fighter Alpha series and last appearing in Street Fighter IV, Dan Hibiki will be bringing his (over) confidence and iconic “Taunt” to Street Fighter V. A training partner of Ryu and Ken, Dan considers himself well-equipped to “school” other players with his unique Saikyo-ryu (“Strongest Style”) fighting style. Release timing: Winter 2020
- Rose - Rose is a fortune telling fan-favorite character who also previously starred in the Alpha series and Street Fighter IV. Using her tarot cards, Rose will arrive armed with a variety of unique special moves and plans to channel all of her Soul Power energy into Street Fighter V. Release timing: Spring 2021
- Oro - Last appearing in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Oro is an ancient martial arts master who exists as an immortal hermit. He restricts one of his arms from use in order to give his opponents an advantage, but that won’t stop Oro from being one of the most well-trained and powerful fighters in Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
- Akira - First introduced in Capcom’s 1997 fighting game Rival Schools: United by Fate, Akira Kazama is preparing to make her Street Fighter debut. As an acquaintance of Sakura, Akira has previous ties to the Street Fighter universe and is gearing up to bring her biker style look and clever gimmicks to Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
- ???? – You may also remember we previously said there would be five characters for Season V… but we’re not quite ready to announce our fifth yet. Stay tuned for info on that later on!
No word yet on what the Season 5 content will cost, but traditionally Capcom has charged $6 or 100,000 “Fight Money” (SFV’s in-game currency you can earn through regular play) for new characters. They’ve also offered $30 character passes for some seasons.
Street Fighter V: Championship Edition, which includes all content released thus far, is available now on PC and PS4. Excited for any of the upcoming fighters?