Rumor: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Details and Release Date leaked?
Whether you hate it or love it there is no denying that Call of Duty is still one of the most popular FPS’s on the consoles and it manages to set sales records across the globe within a day of its release date, The one thing which is undoubtedly a great strength of the Call of Duty series is it’s singleplayer and for some even the multiplayer but the Single player of most Call of Duty games is without a shadow of a doubt the best aspect of the game and this was best shown with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy and when Black Ops also presented a superb story.
Black Ops 2 will mark the 9th installment in the Call of Duty series; with the possible conclusion of the Modern Warfare series with Modern Warfare 3 fans were eagerly awaiting the next yearly Call of Duty game for the year 2012 and they were given Project Iron Wolf which is possibly Call of Duty Black Ops 2, while Activision has yet to accept or deny the name it is confirmed a CoD game will be released in the year 2012.
It seems that someone made a thread on Call of Duty Black Ops forums Here and it seems that his thread was deleted but the cache still exists there is a possibility of this information being accurate or inaccurate at the same time since this IS a rumor but given the given data it is probable that most of this data might just hold some truth to it.
Black Ops 2
This year, Call of Duty will return with it’s ninth installment with Black Ops 2. As expected it will be following Treyarch’s previous game Black Ops. It’s release date is set for the 6th of November.
– Game Modes
– Will be a new game mode
– Similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed.
– The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
– Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
– Team Defender and Infected will not return
– Will follow from Modern Warfare 3’s system
– Larger emphasis on objectives
– A bomb plant is worth 2 points
– A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
– A flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
– The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified
– 2 kills now gets you 1 perk
– The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks
– The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks
– The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks
– You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills
– Perks only become “Pro” when you have them Pro
– RC XD will not return
– Heat vision
– Is a new Pointstreak reward
– When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon.
– This scopes main advantage is it’s ability to detect enemies through most walls.
– Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
– Item Packages
– Requires 5 points
– Fall along side care packages and air drop traps.
– Features a list of package items only
– Including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armor
– There will be 15 prestiges
– There will be 50 ranks
– Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
– The final prestige has 90 levels
– ELITE 2.0
– ELITE is being fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
– Combat record has been modified and re-named as ELITE Stats
– There will be a specific lobby for clan matches (new way of leveling clans)
– Clan Tournaments can now be implemented
– No MOAB or Nuke
– No last stand
– No death streaks
– No flame thrower attachment
– Map Design
– Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3
– Sniper Rifles
– Improved sniper rifle usage.
– No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
– Less sway
– No longer just perk 1 chooses the players appearance
– Appearance is a combination of all perks and type of Pointstreak being used.
– Larger emphasis on hardcore than ever before
– No grenade launchers
– Only vehicle guided rocket launchers permitted
– Respawn timings decreased (for most modes)
– 1 bullet in the foot will no longer kill a person, a head or chest shot is usually required.
– A person will now bleed out if severely injured.
– Perk System 2.0
– The Perk Pro system has been upgraded
– There is now 2 options a perk can advance to.
– Both require different challenges to unlock
– Once the desired Pro version is unlocked, the player can select that as their “Perk Pro”.
– Once selected, the only way to choose the other option is by entering prestige mode.
– For example Perk slot 1 has the perk called Speed
– Speed – Reduces the time taken to aim down the sight
– Pro I – Swaps weapons faster
– Pro II – Throws equipment faster
– Combat Training
– Will be returning with vast improvements.
– Difficulty is no longer based on how long the bots take to start shooting.
– Bots now have an advance AI system
– Similar to the behavior seen in the MW3 Spec Ops survival
And there you have it, I am pretty sure about the November release date since that is the most common release date for Call of Duty games but it can change too. Let’s see if any of this information turns out to be true or not at this years E3.