RTS Forged Battalion Launches on Steam Early Access
Publisher Team17 revealed via press release that Forged Battalion, the new real-time strategy game in development at Petroglyph (Grey Goo), is available now on Steam Early Access.
The game’s regular price (for the time being) is €19.99 or £15.49, though there currently is a 15% launch discount in place that will be available for this week only.
According to the developers, Forged Battalion should stay in Steam Early Access for about six months, barring any delays.
In Forged Battalion players build and customise their own unique faction as they fight in a variety of skirmish, solo and multiplayer battles. They will create, customise, and develop the blueprints of their emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units. Using resources gained from each battle, they will unlock new options through the tech tree allowing them to choose the archetype, and an array of armours, locomotors, weapons, and special abilities such as stealth and regeneration that will make each player’s faction one of a kind.
The Early Access period for Forged Battalion is planned to run for several months, during which there will be regular content updates, which will be detailed via the Steam page, and players are encouraged to give vital feedback to the development team. “We want fans to truly help forge what the game becomes…” Said Chuck Kroegel, CEO of Petroglyph.
Early Access launch content available today is as follows:
· Campaign missions comprising the first act of a multi-act storyline
· Skirmish maps supporting up to eight players
· Multiple Skirmish game modes including HQ Destruction and Annihilation
· Dedicated servers to support multiplayer
· Five customisable archetypes of vehicles (infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, air and turrets)
· Resource management of tech tree points earned in tactical battles