MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8 GB Review – Twin Frozr VI Now In Quick Silver Colors
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium2nd November, 2017
We used the following test system for comparison between the different graphics cards. The latest drivers that were available at the time of testing were used from AMD and NVIDIA on an updated version of Windows 10. All games that were tested were patched to the latest version for better performance optimization for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs.
|CPU||Intel Core i9-7900X @ 4.5 GHz|
|Motherboard||ASUS X299 PRIME Deluxe|
|Video Cards||MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning X (Overclock)
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X (Overclock)
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OC (Overclock)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (Reference)
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor X OC (Overclock)
MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning OC (Overclock)
XFX Radeon R9 Fury X (Reference)
|Memory||G.SKILL Trident Z Series 32GB (4 X 8GB) CL16 3600 MHz|
|Hard Disk||Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2 NVMe|
|Storage Disk||Seagate 3 TB (7200 RPM) Hard Disk Drive|
|Power Supply||Corsair RM 750X Gold Plus|
|Drivers||NVIDIA GeForce 388.00 / AMD Radeon Software Crimson Relive 17.7.2|
|Operation System||Windows 10 64-bit (Creators Fall Update)|
- All games were tested at 2560×1440 (2K) and 3840×2160 (4K) resolutions.
- Image quality and graphics configurations have been mentioned for each benchmark.
- Games with PhysX were benchmarked with the settings on Low or off for fair comparisons.
- The “reference” cards are the stock configs while the “overclock” cards are factory overclocked configs provided to us by various AIB partners.
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Overclocking
Since the card is clocked at reference specifications, there’s a lot of room for it to be overclocked. I pushed the core to +200 MHz beyond its stock profile and +500 MHz on the memory. The end result was the memory bandwidth boosting to 288.0 GB/s and the core boost beyond 2109 MHz under gaming load. I had the power and temp target slider maxed out in MSI AfterBurner so that meant that the GPU was under no restrictions or blocks when it came to overclocking. The clocks were stable after testing for an hour under stress load.
- Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. NVIDIA Embraces FinFET With Pascal Graphics Architecture
- 3. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Overview
- 4. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Package
- 5. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Unboxing
- 6. Test Setup
- 7. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Benchmarks (VULKAN)
- 8. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Benchmarks (DirectX 12)
- 9. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Benchmarks (DirectX 11)
- 10. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Thermal Tests
- 11. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium Power Consumption
- 12. Conclusion - A Little Better 1070 Ti Gaming For The Same Price