Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OCJuly 2019
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC Package
The Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC graphics cards come in a standard cardboard box package. The front of both packages has a large "GeForce RTX" brand logo along with a "Gigabyte" logo on the top left corner and the iconic Gigabyte robot eye in the middle.
The packaging has put a large emphasis on the RTX side of things as the first feature enlisted by AIBs will be Ray Tracing, followed by GDDR6, DirectX 12 and Ansel support. NVIDIA has bet the future of their gaming GPUs on Ray Tracing support as these are the first cards to offer support for the new feature.
The back of the box is very typical, highlighting the main features and specifications of the cards. The key aspects of Gigabyte's Gaming custom cards are its Windforce 3X cooling system, one-click super overclocking design through the bundled AORUS Engine software and the new RGB Fusion LED lighting.
There's also a focus towards GeForce.com on each AIB card through which users can download the latest drivers and GeForce Experience application which are a must for gamers to access all feature set of the new cards.
The sides of the box once again greet us with the large GeForce RTX branding. There's also mention of the 11 GB GDDR6 memory available on the cards. The higher bandwidth delivered through the new GDDR6 interface would help improve performance in gaming titles at higher resolution over GDDR5 and GDDR5X based graphics cards.
Outside of the box, the graphics card and the accessory package are held firmly by foam packaging. The graphics card comes with a few accessories and manuals which might not be of much use for hardcore enthusiasts but can be useful for the mainstream gaming audience.
The card is nicely wrapped within an anti-static cover which is useful to prevent any unwanted static discharges on various surfaces that might harm the graphics card. The card accessories include a Molex power connector which isn't of much use in high-end systems since the PSUs already have the required cables.
Useful manuals and installation guides are packed within a Gigabyte labeled letter case. There is a Quick Guide, an AORUS 4 Years Warranty note and a single drivers disk. It's best to ignore the driver disk and install the latest software and graphics drivers directly from the NVIDIA and Gigabyte official web pages as the ones shipped in the disks could be older versions and not deliver optimal performance for your graphics cards.
After the package is taken care of, I can finally start talking about the card itself. This thing is a beast and I can't wait to test it out to find what kind of performance improvement I get over current-gen cards.
The Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC is a fantastic upgrade to the original RTX 2070, featuring better performance in games at the same price point while offering a huge factory overclock out of the box.
- Great performance for 1440p and 1080p Gaming
- Great upgrade from GTX 970, GTX 1070, GTX 1080
- Factory Overclocked Out of Box (+45 MHz over Founders Edition)
- Windforce heatsink cooling performance is great
- Refreshing new Gigabyte Gaming design
- Active FanTechnology Included on Triple Fan with Alternate Spinning mode
- Great overclocking potential (GPU/VRAM), full tuning options
- Backplate includes heat pads for increased heat dissipation
- Gigabyte RGB Fusion Technology Support WIth LEDs on the side
- Support for real-time ray tracing and DLSS features in next-generation gaming titles
- Good driver support for GeForce products, compatibility with DX11, DX12, Vulkan, OpenGL titles
- Lot's of display connectivity, great for VR and multi-display PCs.
- Not a big performance gain over RTX 2070
- Higher Power Consumption Than RTX 2070
- No memory overclock out of the box
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.