Rainbow Six Siege Nerfs New Wind Bastion Operators Prior to Release
Rainbow Six Siege’s latest season, Operation Wind Bastion, is receiving some pre-launch balancing. Those playing Wind Bastion on test servers have complained new operators Kaid and Nomad are more than a little overpowered, and so both are being nerfed. Nomad’s proximity air-blast grenades now have a slight delay on them, allowing players to adjust once they’ve set them off. Meanwhile, Kaid now carries only two Electroclaws (instead of three), reducing the number of surfaces he can electrify.
Here are the notes for the latest Rainbow Six Siege Test Server patch:
- Lowered number of electroclaws to 2
- Players now only receive 2 points for deploying electroclaw
- AirJab will no longer detect targets while traveling
- 1.5s delay on warhead between the moment it sticks and the moment it will activate
- Increase to IQ's gadget detection range from 15m to 20m
- Lowered damage taken when meleeing electrified barbed wires from 15 to 3/damage tick.
- Increased recoil for .44 Mag Semi Auto
Ubisoft is also working on fixing the following issues:
- Sound variance issues through destructible floors
- Breaching a floor on Fortress sometimes only destroys the top layer of the floor.
- Operators with ballistic shields are immune to guard break effect while walking backwards.
- After teamkilling, offenders are not kicked and do not receive a TK offense
- A desync occurs when a character climbs a ladder and triggers an Airjab at the same time.
- A desync occurs when a character starts rappelling and triggers an Airjab at the same time.
- Players sometimes lose functionality when setting a deployable shield.
- Jackal's gadget sometimes cannot see footprints left by Operators.
Operation Wind Bastion takes place in Morocco and, in addition to the two Operators, the season includes new weapons, pro-team skins, and plenty of tweaks and little improvements. Ubisoft has also announced they’re backtracking on controversial aesthetic changes planned for the update.
Rainbow Six Siege is available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Operation Wind Bastion doesn’t have a release date yet, but it will likely drop sometime in early December.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter