Project CARS Sells More than One MIllion Copies
Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe are very proud to announce that Project CARS has already sold more than one million units around the world ever since hitting the shelves four weeks ago.
"Project CARS positions itself as one of the greatest driving experiences ever made"
As stated in the press release, with this huge success and the accolade of being the highest-rated racing game on Sony’s Playstation 4, Project CARS has firmly positioned itself as one of the greatest driving experiences ever made – created by the fans, for the fans.
Studio Head of Slightly Mad Studios, Ian Bell states:
“Throughout the development of Project CARS the community were instrumental in guiding the game – giving us feedback daily on each build iteration, telling us what needed improving, highlighting what they’d like to see included, and ultimately approving it as the racing game of their dreams. Even with this amount of early indication that the bold, ambitious vision we had was on track to be something that would truly stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the existing leading titles in the genre, it wasn’t until the first review scores came in that we truly realised how much Project CARS had resonated with both media, racing professionals, and gamers alike around the world. To now stand here having reached over a million players in such a short time really justifies the work both the team and the community have done over the years and solidifies Project CARS’ future as the multi-platform racing experience of choice for fans around the world. And we’ll be talking more about that future very, very soon."
Slightly Mad Studios has revealed the changelog for Project CARS' upcoming patch. The patch will offer improvements to the force feedback strength, and enhancements to the steering experience. There won't be any performance improvements for the PC version. There is still no ETA for the release of the patch but it should be expected soon.
PROJECT CARS FEATURES
- The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
- A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern
- Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
- Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
- Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
- World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
- Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
- Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ‘Join In Progress’
- Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
- Regularly-scheduled community events
- Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
- Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
- Continual updates and further content after launch
We will bring you any new information on Project CARS as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter