OxygenOS Open Beta 23/14 for the OnePlus 3/3T Brings Slew of Changes
OnePlus is giving a treat to OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users with OxygenOS Open Beta 23/14. Just like any other beta release, this one also brings a slew of changes.
The new update also includes the August security patches. Other additions are mainly in the UX, such as battery percentage display in ambient, tweaks and improvements in the phone app and gallery app. In the camera app, there is the inclusion of the “Shot on OnePlus” watermark with support for a custom watermark. Also, the default display colour on both the devices has been enhanced, and it is now near sRGB.
Here's the complete changelog
- Added Shot on OnePlus watermark
- You can toggle the Shot on OnePlus watermark and add your name to all pictures taken in the main camera settings
- Redesigned lift up display UI
- Now supports displaying battery percentage
- Now supports hiding of notification content from apps locked by App locker
- There is now a toggle that allows you to block notifications from apps that are in the App lock list
- Improved stability of Parallel apps
- Adjusted color display of default screen calibration
- It now tends more towards sRGB calibration
- Added E-warranty card
- You can now find a version of your warranty card in “About phone > E-Warranty card”
- Updated Android security patch level to August
- Added quick index bar in contacts UI
- The contacts page/app now have an alphabetical bar on the right side for easy moving to certain groups of names
- Improved experience of switching incoming calls
- Improvements to suggested merges functionality
Loading speed of images improved
- Improved location accuracy
- Improved the experience of searching cities
- New feature “Alarm calendar”
- Can be used to set an irregular alarm schedule, once you set the time, you can activate this feature by hitting the 3 dot menu button to the right of “repeat”
Immediately following the update, you might not be able to turn on the flashlight. Please reboot the device and normal functionality will be restored.
As explained in the changelog, OnePlus has introduced many changes with the new update. The company has updated apps and improved the performance and stability. In the coming months, we will get to see a few of these changes making it to the stable channel of Oxygen OS. For the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users who want to try it right now, click on this link. A word of caution though, if you switch to the OxygenOS Open Beta then you will need to flash your device to go back to stock.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter