Overcooked 2 Lets Players Make Dinner as a Unicorn, Alien, and More If They Pre-Order
Looking for some tasty co-op fun this summer? Well, you definitely want to add Overcooked 2 to your menu. The first Overcooked was, no exaggeration, one of the best same-couch co-op experiences ever, and the sequel promises to deliver more of the same. Those who pre-order the game get five exclusive chefs – specifically, Calico Cat , Monkey, Unicorn, Walrus, and Alien chefs (Overcooked doesn’t restrict the foodie fun to any one species). Check out a trailer for the pre-order chefs, below.
While we’re at it, here’s the Overcooked 2 announcement trailer, and more info about the game:
- Online multiplayer! For the first time you can cook up a storm with up to four players in both local and online multiplayer
- Throwing! Throwing is now an official game mechanic, allowing you to toss ingredients to your fellow chefs or even straight into the pan/blender/onto the floor
- New level mechanics! Overcooked 2 sees the introduction of new game mechanics including moving walkways, controllable platforms and even portals!
- Dynamic levels! Throwing you from the frying pan and into the fire, dynamic levels will change around you, offering a new challenge to overcome as the recipes and levels themselves change!
- Interactive world map! As you drive, sail and soar your way around the map in the Onion King’s amphibious air bus you will open up new areas using hidden buttons around the world
- Kitchens! From the neon lights of a sushi restaurant to the bubbling pots of a Wizard school kitchen, there are plenty of places to cook up a storm in Overcooked 2!
- Recipes! From spaghetti to sushi and pancakes to pizza, recipes both old and new will need to be cooked to perfection (or at least not burnt to a crisp!) New recipes mean new ingredients and new equipment so even the most well-seasoned Overcooked players will be challenged.
- Chefs! Overcooked 2 introduces a whole host of new of chefs to play in the kitchen including an eagle, mouse, beaver and what kitchen is complete without an octopus!
I’ve been testing out Overcooked 2 for review, and the first game’s winning recipe still holds up. Definitely keep your eye on this one!
Overcooked 2 hits PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch on August 7 at a budget price of $30.