A new Oddworld: Soulstorm patch has gone live on PC and PlayStation consoles, introducing new quality of life improvements and more fixes.
The 1.07 patch brings improvements to the Slig AI, prioritizes door interaction over pickpocketing, and introduces a new confirmation step for the Restarting Level option.
- Mudokons now throw given items at Sligs after dying and reloading a save
- Improvements to Slig AI
- Spender statistic can now be improved on repeated playthroughs
- Fixed control lockup in levels with many flares
- Door interaction is now prioritized over pickpocketing
- Mudokon Followers will follow Abe regardless of how far Abe gets from them
- Restart Level from the Pause Menu now has a confirmation step
The new Oddworld: Soulstorm also fixes several other issues as well as some tweaks for The Blimp and Hijack the Train level to make them easier to complete.
- Fixed Sawblade getting stuck in the down position in Necrum, which was blocking progress
- The Good Ending video will now play when conditions are right
- Explosions now explode more reliably
- Cured Mudokon followers no longer show prompt to be Healed a second time when hit by Sligs
- Removed option to Continue to the next level from the End of Level Summary screen when in Level Select mode. This was a bug, Level Select mode is supposed to be self-contained levels!
- Tweaked cover in The Blimp level so that it is easier to avoid being hit
- Rebalanced Slig Mama to make it easier to complete the Hijack the Train level.
- Changed the counter for savable Mudokons in The Ruins so that it now shows the correct figure of 200.
- The game will no longer crash when run on systems set to Arabic.
Oddworld: Soulstorm is now available on PC via the Epic Games Store as well as on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.