NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 419.17 Out Now, Includes Anthem Optimization, GTX 1660 Ti Support
NVIDIA has dropped their latest Game Ready driver update (419.17 WHQL) which is optimized for BioWare’s new co-op action-RPG Anthem. The driver also includes support for NVIDIA’s just-released GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card.
- Provides the optimal gaming experience for Anthem.
- Includes support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics cards.
NVIDIA Control Panel
- Updated to version 8.1.950. Added new Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters controls.
Video Codec SDK 9.0 (Released Feb 11, 2019)
- Supports NVENC/NVDEC on NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- NVENC API has been updated to support HEVC B-frames on Turing GPUs.
- NVENC API adds the capability to output the encoded bitstream, and motion vectors from Motion-Estimation-only mode to video memory. This avoids the overhead of copying the output from system to video memory for processing pipelines operating directly on video memory.
- NVENC API now accepts CUArray as an input buffer. The SDK contains a sample application to demonstrate how to feed Vulkan surface to NVENC using VulkanCUDA interop.
Optical Flow SDK 1.0 (Released Feb 11, 2019)
- This is a new API for Optical Flow and stereo disparity hardware engine, available on Turing GPUs.
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Apex Legends
- Far Cry New Dawn
And here’s the usual array of fixes:
- [Doom Eternal / Doom 2016]: Decals render as black. 
- [Battlefield V]: Screen artifacts appear in the game when Texture Filtering is set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for monitors with 4k2k timings. 
- [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration.
- Windows 7x64/8.1x64: Fixes random application crash or TDR introduced in previous GeForce display driver 418.81. 
You can download the 419.17 WHQL driver through the GeForce Experience app on Windows or via this link right here.
Anthem is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter