NVIDIA’s Latest Game Ready Drivers Offer Boosts for Final Fantasy XV, PUBG, and More
NVIDIA has released a new Game Ready driver update (391.01 WHQL) in preparation for the release of Final Fantasy XV on PC. In addition to offering the optimal Final Fantasy XV experience, the Game Ready update promises to provide performance boosts for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, World of Tanks ver 1.0, and the upcoming Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
Those PUBG boosts are sure to generate the most interest and excitement – depending on your graphics card, the new drivers will offer a solid 3 to 7 percent increase in performance. NVIDIA provided the following handy PUBG performance boost chart (their test system was an Intel Core i7-7820X @ 3.6GHz with 32 GB of RAM):
|GeForce GTX 1050||7%|
|GeForce GTX 1060 3GB||5%||6%|
|GeForce GTX 1060 6GB||5%||6%|
|GeForce GTX 1070||5%||5%||6%|
|GeForce GTX 1070 Ti||4%||5%||6%|
|GeForce GTX 1080||3%||7%||7%|
|GeForce GTX 1080 Ti||5%||5%||7%|
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Agents of Mayhem
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition - Not recommended
- Surviving Mars - Good
- Switchblade - Not recommended
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Fair
Fixed Issues in this Release:
- BeamNG: Dynamic reflections flicker in the game.
- Call of Duty WWII: Flickering shadows occur in the game.
- NvfbcPluginWindow prevents Windows from shutting down.
- Booting from a cold boot results in black screen on a multi-monitor system.
- 3DVision: System shutdown time increases when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
- NVIDIA Control Panel: The Display -> Adjust desktop color settings -> Content type setting is reset to "Auto-selected" after rebooting the system.
- GeForce GTX 980/1080 Ti: OpenGL program may crash when trying to map a buffer object.
- GeForce GTX 965M: Drop in GPU performance occurs.
The Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will boast upgraded visuals and some limited modding tools. Square Enix is promising the game will also be optimized for Radeon graphics cards, but AMD has yet to release any driver updates for the game. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition launches on March 6.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter