Microsoft Starts Hustling Ahead of the Public Release of Windows 10 April 2019 Update
The Windows maker seems to be on a roll releasing multiple builds every week to its Insider community. Microsoft has just released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18353 to Insiders in the Fast ring who are currently testing the upcoming Windows 10 version 1903 (19H1 branch).
As noted in our earlier coverage, the company is done playing with any new features for this version and is focused on ironing out bugs and reducing the number of known issues before it can release it to the public hopefully by early April. [If you are interested in new features, look out for Windows 10 2020 builds.]
Here's everything that's fixed with Windows 10 1903 Build 18353
- We’ve enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things with improve several accessibility scenarios.
- We’ve added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- We’ve fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- We’ve enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
- We’ve enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out an update later. To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
Known issues in Windows 10 1903 Preview Build 18353
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate feedback in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
It seems like there are very few issues left in Windows 10 1903 for Microsoft to fix. Are we looking at a March release of this version? Let's hope the Windows maker takes its time to find and fix all the bugs to avoid the fiasco that the last Windows release turned out to be.
For more details on today's release, head over to the official blog post.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter