New Windows 10 1903 Build Is Out: Few More Slots Open to Play “State of Decay” for Free; Anti-Cheat GSOD Persists
Microsoft is pushing out another Windows 10 Insider Preview build to Insiders in the Fast ring. The company has stopped working on any new features and is completely focused on fixing the bugs and making general improvements before releasing Windows 10 1903 (19H1 branch) to the general public. Microsoft has also removed the alert that warned Insiders of these builds being full of bugs as the list of known issues continue to get shorter.
Will we be able to get an RTM build by the end of March? Hopefully. But until that happens, here is everything that’s fixed in Windows 10 1903 Preview Build 18351.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC in Windows 10 18351
- If you haven’t been able to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time), we’ve just made more slots available! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need. We’ve also made fixes to improve the download and install experience thanks to your feedback, so please try again if you had problems before.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in monitors being missing from the built-in Color Management application.
- We fixed an issue causing Explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders when Jump list content was updated.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some devices unexpectedly experiencing a 30 second wait before pin re-entry was available after a pin was incorrectly entered on the lock screen.
- We fixed an issue where the time shown on the clock in Windows Sandbox might not match the clock outside of Windows Sandbox.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Emoji 12 emoji showing up as boxes in certain XAML text fields.
- We fixed an issue where text scaling values did not persist across upgrades for Win32 applications.
- Due to a Narrator reading reliability issue for the “Change how capitalized text is read” feature, the feature has been disabled starting in build 18351.
- We fixed an issue where the mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
Known issues in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- While this flight contains some night light improvements, we’re continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We’re investigating an issue where region settings are being reset on upgrade for some Insiders.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.