Metro Exodus Shows Off Its World and Story in a Bleakly Beautiful New Trailer
The release of Metro Exodus is just a little over two weeks away, and the game’s makers are looking to drum up hype with a new, meaty overview trailer. The five-minute-plus video provides a tantalizing glimpse at the game’s world, story, weapon customization, different play types, and a whole lot of terrifying mutant monstrosities. Check it out, below.
Looking damn impressive! I definitely appreciate the “no pointless fetch quests or busy work, only narrative-driven quests” ethos. Metro Exodus isn’t a full-on open-world game, but rather a very large, very complicated linear action-adventure, and it looks like it’s the better for it. Haven’t been keeping up with Metro Exodus? Here’s a few more details courtesy of publisher Deep Silver:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey - board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival - a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world - discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate - not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere - a flickering candle in the darkness, a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over, the howl of a mutant on the wind - Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game.
Metro Exodus arrives on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on February 15. The PC version of the game is exclusive to the Epic Games Store until 2020.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter