Marvel Heroes 2016 Detailed By Gazillion
Gazillion Entertainment issued a press release yesterday about Marvel Heroes 2016. That’s right, the free-to-play action RPG based on the Marvel universe will “level up” in December.
Last year, Marvel Heroes was rebranded to Marvel Heroes 2015 as part of massive improvements brought to the game, which became a lot more popular. According to the developer Marvel Heroes 2016, on the other hand, is all about keeping up this momentum with new releases added on a regular basis.
Here’s what you can expect to find:
- “Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle alien Skrulls of all shapes and sizes, including the Super-Skrull himself, Kl’rt, who makes his long-awaited, much requested Marvel Heroes debut.
- Controller Support: One of the community’s most requested features.
- Visual Updates (pictured): Revamped looks for characters introduced during Marvel Heroes’ 2013 launch window.
- Leaderboards: Something new and interesting to do every night. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually.
- Steam Achievements: Players loved the new in-game achievements added to Marvel Heroes 2015 – now, the feature extends to Steam with nearly 100 of them.
- Mac Out of Beta: The Mac version has been in beta for over a year now. Not anymore.
- “All-New All-Different” Material: Keeping things current with what is happening in the greater Marvel landscape to a greater degree than ever, such as the current “All-New All-Different” comics, while still also continuing to honor over 75 years of comic history.
The press release also talked about future content coming to Marvel Heroes 2016 next year, such as:
- Savage Land Patrol Zone: A never-ending gauntlet of dinosaurs, sadistic mutates and more!
- Thanos Raid: The Mad Titan makes his Marvel Heroes debut.
- More! Stay tuned for further announcements.
Gazillion’s CEO David Brevik also provided a statement:
I truly believe our game is better than ever now, and the rebrand to Marvel Heroes 2016 represents our never-ending initiative to continue improving for the next year and beyond. As game developers, we’re privileged with the great power to create an action-RPG set in the Marvel Universe; with that comes our inherent responsibility to Marvel’s millions of fans to deliver an excellent product that only gets better with the more we add to it.
With controller support under way, it will be interesting to see whether Marvel Heroes 2016 eventually releases for consoles as well, since Diablo 3 proved to be very popular there.