macOS 10.12.4 Sierra Has Been Released – Here’s How to Download
Apple has released macOS 10.12.4 Sierra final version for download through the Mac App Store. Here's how you can install it right away.
macOS 10.12.4 is Here with Night Shift Mode, Other Great Features, Bug Fixes & Performance Enhancements
After a plethora of beta releases, macOS 10.12.4 Sierra is finally available to download for the end user. It comes packed with a bunch of great stuff with Night Shift mode sitting snuggly at the top of the list. A feature exclusive to iOS users until now, Night Shift adds a yellow tint to the display, ensuring users are not stressed on their eyes before going to bed. Some users might find it to be gimmick, but in all honesty, it actually does work, and there's science to back that claim up. Apart from that, there are bug fixes and performance enhancements thrown into the mix as well. The complete changelog of the update is as follows.
Download macOS 10.12.4 Sierra OTA
With the usual literature out of the way, let's get to the part where you download macOS 10.12.4 right away using the Mac App Store.
- First and foremost, make sure you have saved your work.
- Now launch the Mac App Store.
- Click on the Updates tab at the top.
- Once the new macOS 10.12.4 update shows up, click on the Update button next to it to initiate the download.
- Once the download is complete, you will be prompted for installation. Take the correct course of action given your situation. You have the option to postpone the installation as well. But if you opt to go ahead right away, then you will be required to restart your Mac, making it unusable for a few minutes.
The above method ensures that you get the latest build without having to lose your files.
Download macOS 10.12.4 from Mac App Store
If you wish to download the macOS 10.12.4 installer from the Mac App Store, then click on the link below.
Clean Installing macOS 10.12.4 Sierra
A fresh installation is the way to go if you wish to reap the maximum performance benefits of a new update. But keep one thing in mind: you will lose your files in the process, therefore take a complete backup of everything in a secure and safe location beforehand. Once done, follow the guides below on how to perform a clean installation of macOS 10.12.4.
- How to Clean Install macOS Sierra - Tutorial
- How to Clean Install macOS / OS X Without a USB Drive
- How to Create macOS Sierra Bootable USB Drive
It's highly recommended that users go ahead and install the latest macOS Sierra update right away.