Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s Big 1.3 Update Is Live, Improves Saving, Performance, More
Kingdom Come: Deliverance update 1.3 is here, and it’s a whopper, weighing in at 5.7 GB. The patch isn’t available for console players just yet, but KCD director Daniel Vávra promises Xbox One and PS4 players should get it within a “few days.”
Patch 1.3 is out on PC and sent to certification on consoles (so it will be available in few days). Here are release notes. Enjoy the weekend. https://t.co/wLIR5cs1dm
— Daniel Vávra ⚔ (@DanielVavra) March 9, 2018
So, what does that 5.7 GB download get you? Kingdom Come now has a much-demanded Save and Exit feature, lockpicking and pickpocketing has been revamped, and performance has been ironed out. Aside from that, a long list of other tweaks, fixes, and other quality-of-life improvements have been introduced.
You can check out the full update 1.3 patch notes, below:
- The game now has Save and Exit feature.
- Saving is much more robust and saves won’t get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
- LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
- Stuttering in some areas reduced.
- Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
- New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
- Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with a controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
- You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
- The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
- Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
- The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
- Guards won’t frisk you so often.
- Your horse shouldn’t get stuck when jumping fences.
- Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
- You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
- You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
- Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
- Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
- Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
- Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
- You can no longer autocook potions that you haven’t brewed by hand at least once before.
- German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
Late game player strength tweaked:
- Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
- Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
- It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they’re helmetless. Stupid Runt…)
Other combat system tweaks:
- “Untargeted attack” exploit fixed.
- Enemy combat archery AI improved.
- Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
- And many other minor tweaks.
- Over 300 other fixes in various quests.
PC Only Changes:
- It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
- It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60 or disable it completely.
- Steam Cloud saving enabled.
Looks like an essential update – time to get that downloaded started! Kingdom Come: Deliverance is currently available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.