iOS 16 release candidate (RC) build is now available for developers and public testers. Here's how you can update right now.
iOS 16 RC Download for iPhone Now Available - Developers and Public Beta Testers Can Install it Right Away
Apple has finally released iOS 16 RC for everyone enrolled in Apple's Developer Program and Beta Software Program. Whether you're a developer or a public beta tester, the update is rolling out for you right now, that too over the air.
If you're wondering how you can download the update over the air right away, provided you have the previous beta installed, here's what you need to do:
- Make sure your iPhone has 50% or more battery.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Launch the Settings app and go to General > Software Update.
- When the iOS 16 RC download shows up, tap on Download and Install.
The whole thing may take a while to download and install, especially if you are doing it immediately after the release of the iOS 16 release candidate. The servers around the world are going to be hammered by millions of devices attempting the download so please be patient through it all.
Keep in mind that the RC build is essentially the final version that will be seeded to everyone later if and only if no bugs are found. If Apple comes across a major bug or something that needs immediate fixing then we might see the final version with a different build number.
The moment you install iOS 16, be sure to check out the new Lock Screen features and widgets. If you need a way to customize your iPhone beyond what's possible on iOS 15, then you are going to love the latest update. And the second important feature is the ability to delete sent messages on iMessage.
Please do keep in mind that the full and final version of the iOS 16 update will become available to download for everyone on the 12th of September. iPadOS 16, on the other hand, will likely be available in October as Apple has delayed the launch.
Be sure to check out the following as well:
- Download and Install iOS 16, iPadOS 16 Beta on iPhone, iPad Over the Air
- Clean Install iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 Beta on iPhone and iPad
- Downgrade iOS 16 beta to iOS 15 on iPhone and iPad [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 16 / iPadOS 16 Beta for iPhone and iPad
- List: iOS 16 Beta / iPadOS 16 Beta Compatible iPhone and iPad Devices
Want to install the public beta? Check out the following: