Apple has released iOS 10.2 Beta 6. Apart from that, the company has seeded beta 5 of macOS 10.12.2 and watchOS 3.1.1 to developers.
Apple Updates its Beta Software Lineup - Inches Closer Towards Final Release
Having released iOS 10.2 Beta 5 last Friday, it's surprising Apple is following it up with the sixth pre-release build today. Surprising because the fourth beta of iOS 10.2 saw the light of day last week as well. Nonetheless, any beta, regardless how quickly it arrives, is aways a welcome thing. It goes on to show Apple is quickly working in the background to patch things up, ensuring smooth functionality of the software for those who are testing it.
Apart from iOS 10.2 Beta 6, Apple has also released Beta 5 of macOS 10.12.2 as well as watchOS 3.1.1. It's worth noting here that Public Beta testers can grab the latest update as well free of cost, unlike registered developers. The update is available over the air and we will recommend everyone to update if you are running an older beta version of the software mentioned in this post.
Download iOS 10.2 Beta 6 & Public Beta
- Connect your iOS device to a WiFi network.
- Make sure the battery is beyond the 50% mark.
- Now navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
- As the new download shows up, tap on Download and Install.
The entire process won't take more than fifteen minutes, therefore exercise some patience. If you want to test out iOS 10.2 Public Beta then head over to beta.apple.com.
Download macOS 10.12.2 Beta 5 & Public Beta
- Connect your Mac to a WiFi network and launch the Mac App Store.
- Now click on the Updates tab.
- Wait for the store to refresh, and as soon as you see a new system update, click on Update to begin download.
- As soon as the download is complete, macOS will prompt you for installation.
You will be required to restart your Mac so please save all your work beforehand. You can head over to beta.apple.com if you want to test out the Public Beta build of macOS 10.12.2 free of cost.
Download watchOS 3.1.1 Beta 5
- Place your Apple Watch on its magnetic charger.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- As soon as the new update is available for download, tap on Download and Install.
The installation process will take quite a while since everything happens over Bluetooth. Do not panic assuming your wearable is stuck in a boot loop or something. Trust us, it's not. It just needs some time to complete the installation.
Whether you are a developer or a Public Beta tester, please update your software immediately. Apple pushes out these updates to improve stability and add performance related enhancements. Given you are testing out software, the aforementioned features can save your day in a lot of ways.