Second Cumulative Update Hits Windows 10 with Security Patches
Microsoft released first cumulative update to Windows 10 less than a week ago, on last Friday. This update has now been followed with a second cumulative update rolled out to Windows 10 users.
- Recommended: How to Activate God Mode and Access 260+ Settings
Second cumulative update brings more security patches
You might be thinking that Microsoft is all done with Windows 10 development for now and should be focusing on Windows 10 Mobile, however, Microsoft seems to have different plans. Folks at Microsoft are making sure to roll out regular maintenance updates fixing bugs as they appear to offer a smooth experience to users. This will in turn also help the company get more love for its latest operating system before it's released for mobile devices as well, later this year. Gabe Aul, earlier today, tweeted that Mobile OS is also getting there and we should be expecting a build rolled out to insider members very soon.
For the Windows 10 users though, it is the stable experience of the desktop operating system that they are concerned with and Microsoft understands that. A second cumulative update has been pushed out to Windows 10 upgraded computers via Windows Update. This update is expected to bring fixes to several reported errors. However, we aren't exactly sure which bug fixes are part of this specific update except that it brings some security patches. Here are the details that Microsoft has included in the official update log.
To install Windows 10 second cumulative update:
- Click on the start menu Window icon.
- Click on Settings in the left panel of the start menu.
- Once in settings, you will find an Update & Security menu at the bottom of the page, click on it.
- You will spot the new cumulative update KB3081436 in the Windows Update tab.
- Schedule a restart at your convenient time for Windows 10 to install this latest update.
- Installation process may take up to 20 minutes.
You can also install the update manually by downloading it from the support page.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter