How to Install WhatsApp on a Tablet – Android Tips and Tricks
WhatsApp is one the most crazily popular short messaging app having its best days (some say, worst!) after being acquired by the Facebook for some whopping $16 billion! The app offers easy to use messaging service for free over an internet connection. No doubt, this app has changed how people used to communicate via Short Text Messages (SMS) only a couple years back. As the company plans to go voice sooner than we know, you might be interested to install WhatsApp on tablet too.
Here is how you can install this pretty useful messaging app on Android powered tablets.
Relevant guide: How to Install WhatsApp APK with Google Drive Backup and Restore
How to install WhatsApp on tablet:
Required files: download WhatsApp .apk from the app site (link here). Use Google Chrome or Firefox browsers to download this apk. Choose Android in the OS section to get the messaging app for your Android tablets.
Steps to install WhatsApp on tablet:
- In order to successfully run WhatsApp on your Android tablet and to flawlessly install it, we must first be able to install unknown resources. Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. As shared with you previously on our plenty of Android trick guides, this simple step lets you download any .apk files on your Android devices.
- Install any third party messaging app, like TextPlus, to be able to receive messages.
- Enter Settings and your number and any fill any other required fields like Contact info.
- Install the WhatsApp apk file.
- When WhatsApp asks you for your contact number, type in the same number as of your other messaging app.
- WhatsApp will verify your account.
- Once done with the authorization, you are good to go!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter