How to Install iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
Great news for all those who were waiting for an iOS 8.3 untethered jailbreak for their iPhones and iPads. Thanks to the efforts of a Chinese team by the name of TaiG, you will finally have the means to install iOS 8.3 - iOS 8.1.3 untethered through your Windows platform. However, iPhone and iPad owners should be warned that some tweaks will not be able to work with iOS 8.3 since Jay Freeman (also known as saurik) has yet to update Cydia Substrate/Mobile Substrate in order to be compatible with the latest jailbreak. Currently, there is no iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool for the OS X, so Windows users are in luck for now.
Prerequisites Before You Jailbreak iOS 8.3 - iOS 8.1.3:
Before getting too excited, it is highly recommended that you back up your data through iTunes or iCloud before attempting to jailbreak your device. This is because there are various issues that could arise, forcing you to downgrade or restore your device and result in data loss. Given below is a list of devices that will be compatible with the iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool.
TaiG 2.0 Supported Devices
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
iOS 8.3 Untethered Jailbreak Tutorial (Compatible With iOS 8.1.3 And Above)
- Download the .exe file of data-backup upgrade mode of TaiG Pro.
- Next, download the iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool (V2.0.0)
- Turn off passcode and Find My iPhone
- To turn off passcode, go to Settings > Passcode > Enter your passcode > Turn Passcode Off > Enter your passcode.
- To turn off Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > Click to turn off.
- Before installing TaiG 2.0 and jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, don't forget to check our quick fix of "Apple drivers not found" error that you may get while jailbreaking.
This is the part where you will begin to commence the jailbreak process. Make sure that you open the TaiG Jailbreak Tool, and have your device connected firmly to the USB port of your computer.
Click Start to jailbreak. Please keep your device connected firmly and wait patiently for the process to finish. It is our recommendation that to install and start 3K Assistant after jailbreak for Apps, games, plug-ins, wallpapers and ringtones with a simple one click operation.
And that’s about it. TaiG recommends that if you were facing any issue at all, then you should head down to their troubleshooting tutorial for further assistance. Do let us know how your jailbreaking process went.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter