You Can Downgrade from iOS 14.7.1 to iOS 14.7, Here’s How [Update]
Looking to downgrade from iOS 14.7.1 and iPadOS 14.7.1 to iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7? Here's how you do it on iPhone and iPad.
You Can Downgrade from iOS 14.7.1 / iPadOS 14.7.1 to iOS 14.7 / iPadOS 14.7 as Apple is Signing the Older Firmware
Update: Apple is no longer signing iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7. Downgrade is no longer possible.
But, if you have already updated and believe that you should be on iOS 14.7 or iPadOS 14.7 instead, then you have a choice to downgrade right now. Why? Because Apple is currently signing the older firmware. It is only a matter of time Apple will block downgrades completely. So, for whatever reason you wish to downgrade, you have the chance to do it, right now.
First and foremost, you have to backup everything using iCloud, iTunes or Finder as this will wipe everything off your device. In short, you will lose your photos, apps, settings - basically everything. Take the time to make a complete backup and then return here.
- Download the iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 firmware files from here
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using a Lightning or USB-C cable - whatever is applicable for your device
- Now launch iTunes or Finder, depending on your platform
- Click on the tiny iPhone-like icon to reveal more information about your connected device
- Now hold down the left Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows) and then click on the Restore iPhone button
- Select the iOS 14.7 / iPadOS 14.7 firmware file you downloaded in the first step
- iTunes / Finder will now start verifying the contents of the firmware and restore it to your device. This may take a while so sit tight
- Once done, you will see the Hello screen on your iPhone and iPad. Restore from a backup or setup as brand new from here on
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter