How to Invite Android Users on a FaceTime Call on iOS 15
Apple released iOS 15 to the general public recently with a plethora of new additions and under the hood improvements. One of the major iOS 15 features to arrive with the big update revolves around FaceTime. Apple finally gave Android users the option to use FaceTime as a means of communication. However, only iPhone users can initiate the FaceTime call by creating a link. If you are unfamiliar, scroll down to read more details on how to invite Android users on a FaceTime call on iOS 15.
This is How You Can Easily Invite Android Users on a FaceTime Video Call
If you have updated your iPhone to iOS 15, you will be able to use the new link facility to invite friends and family on a FaceTime call even if they are using Android. The call will be made using a web browser on non-Apple devices like Android or a Windows PC. This will wider the reach of FaceTime and open the platform for everyone. If you are up for it, this is how to invite Android or Windows users on a FaceTime call.
1. The first thing that you have to do is launch the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, tap on Create Link.
3. Name the link so it is identified easily. Tap on Add Name in the Actions menu.
4. Once you have named the link, choose a method to Share the FaceTime link. For instance, you can use Messages, Mail, WhatsApp, and more.
This is all that you have to do in order to invite Android users on FaceTime calls on iOS 15. Once the link is sent to the desired person on their desired platform, they will be able to open it in their web browser. Android or Windows users will be directed to a new webpage where they will have the option to add their name to join the conversation.
Once your friends have joined the FaceTime call, they will be able to use the usual options to mute their microphone, switch camera view, disable video, and leave the call. This is a pretty nifty addition from Apple in iOS 15 and it will go a long way once users catch on with the mechanics.
Also, check out:
- How to Fix WiFi and Bluetooth Issues After Upgrading to iOS 15
- How to Fix iOS 15 Stuck on “Preparing Update” Issue
- How to Easily Fix iOS 15 Software Update Failed Error on iPhone
- How to Fix Battery Drain Issues on Your iPhone After Upgrading to iOS 15
We will share more details on iOS 15 features in the future, so be sure to stick around. Are you looking to invite Android users on a FaceTime call? Let us know in the comments.