Download macOS Big Sur Without Developer Account
Apple just announced macOS Big Sur today with a brand new design, and tons of new features. If you cannot wait, here is how you can download macOS Big Sur without a developer account, and install it on your Mac, before anyone else.
Update: macOS Big Sur beta 2 is now available
macOS Big Sur was announced today with the following major features:
- Brand new design with every part of the operating system updated with a new design language. All built-in apps and icons have been revamped with a new theme too.
- New control center which works similar to the one in iOS.
- Revamped notification center with interactive and grouped notifications, and beautiful new widgets.
- Safari is faster than ever. It has a customizable start page, improved power efficiency, website previews, favicon support turned on by default for tabs, privacy improvements, support for Chrome extensions, password monitoring, and various other UI updates.
- Messages app now has the same features as the iOS version. It supports pinned conversations, improved search, mentions, inline replies, effects, memoji creation and sharing, GIF search and much more.
Read more about macOS Big Sur Features.
If you do not have a $99/year Apple Developer Account, here is how you can download and install macOS Big Sur developer beta on your Mac.
Note: Check if your Mac supports macOS Big Sur. Also, since this is an early developer beta, make sure that you backup your data and avoid installing it on your primary Mac.
- Download the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility on your Mac from here: betaprofiles.com
- Open the utility and install it, to enroll your Mac in Apple's beta software program.
- Open System Preferences > Software Update. Wait for macOS Big Sur update to show up.
- Once you see the update, click Upgrade Now. When the download completes, click install to start the upgrade process.
Sit back and relax as the update might take some time to complete. Make sure that your MacBook, if portable, is plugged in so that it does not run out of battery during the update process.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter