Disable the Telemetry on Windows 11 and Stop Microsoft From Logging Your Data
Data privacy has become a huge concern over the past few years. Apps, software, phones, computers, and other smart devices constantly have access to your private information that can be used by companies or even third parties for their benefit. If you have a Windows PC, then you should know that even Microsoft collects your data through a telemetry system. If you are not comfortable with this, you can disable the telemetry on Windows 11 and ensure that the company no longer keeps a log of your data.
Disable Telemetry on Windows 11
There are different ways to disable the telemetry, and I will walk you through the most straightforward methods.
Limit Microsoft Logs
Limiting what Microsoft has access to is the best way to handle data privacy if you are using the Home editions. Microsoft doesn’t allow Home edition users to disable the telemetry altogether, so limiting access is best to protect your privacy. To limit access, follow the steps below:
Step-1: Open the settings app using the shortcut keys Win + I.
Step-2: Click on Privacy & Security from the left pane.
Step-3: Scroll down and click on Diagnostics & feedback under Windows permissions.
Step-4: Turn the toggle switch Off next to Send optional diagnostic data.
Turning the toggle switch Off will ensure that Microsoft can only collect data about hardware, system settings, and processes. If the switch is turned On, the company will be able to get further data about the apps you use, the websites you visit, etc.
Disable Telemetry on Windows 11 Using Services
- Open the Run box using shortcut keys Win + R.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Locate Connected User Experiences and Telemetry and double-click on this option. (You can locate the option quickly as everything is listed in alphabetic order).
- Ensure that you are in the General tab and select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Select OK and close the window.
- Now look for Device Management Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Push Message Routing Service and double-click on it.
- Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down menu in the General tab and press OK.
- Restart your PC.
Disable Telemetry on Windows 11 Command Prompt
Step-1: Click on the search icon and type cmd. Select Run as administrator.
Step-2: You will be asked, do you wish to allow this app to make changes to your devices? Select Yes.
Step-3: Type the following command and press Enter:
sc config DiagTrack start= disabled
Step-4: After that type, the following command and press Enter:
sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled
Step-5: Restart your PC.
- Click on the search icon and type Task scheduler. Select Open.
- Click on the arrow next to Task Scheduler Library in the left pane.
- Click on the arrow next to Microsoft.
- Click on the arrow next to Windows.
- Click on the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Right-click on Consolidator in the right pane and select Disable.
- Right-click on UsbCeip and select Disable.
- Restart your system.
I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, let us know in the comments below.