Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6
Running a custom firmware on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and want to update it to the official firmware release? Users have started receiving over-the-air notifications to update their Galaxy S6 G920V to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you are on a custom ROM, and need to install the latest firmware manually, today's guide will help you out. Follow this guide to manually update Verizon Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the installation steps.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Verizon Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0.1
Required files: download G920VVRU4CPC2 Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S6. Also, download Odin3 v3.10.7 for installation from here. Here are the steps to update Verizon Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware.
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin, to get the tar.md5 file.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power together and then press the Home key. OR, check how to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. Wait for it to be detected. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, go to options and make sure to disable Re-Partition.
- Click on AP and select G920VVRU4CPC2 tar.md5 file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Your Galaxy S6 will now reboot.
Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920V and enter your login details.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter