Flash WETA Custom ROM on Galaxy S6 G920F, for Better Audio and Stability
Based on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, WETA custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S6 is fully deodexed and zipaligned. Using a custom-built kernel, the ROM is pre-rooted and offers fast and stable performance. Bringing support for Dolby audio, you can now flash WETA custom ROM for Galaxy S6 G920F.
Prerequisites to flash WETA custom ROM for Galaxy S6:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash WETA Android 6.0.1 ROM for Galaxy S6 G920F:
Required files: download WETA Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the WETA Android 6.0.1 custom ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920F into the new custom ROM.
Let us know about your experience with this custom firmware based on the latest official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow release for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F. For more details and support, please visit the official website or the XDA thread.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter