How to Flash Official G925VVRU4CPC2 Android 6.0.1 on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge
Owners of Verizon Galaxy S6 edge have started receiving over-the-air notifications to upgrade their smartphones to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow latest updates. If you still haven't received the notification or want to manually install the latest firmware updates, read on to find all the links and flashing instructions.
G925VVRU4CPC2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Model name Galaxy S6 edge
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 6.0.1
Build date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 05:01:13 +0000
Product code VZW
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 edge to G925VVRU4CPC2 Android 6.0.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Verizon Galaxy S6 edge to G925VVRU4CPC2 Android 6.0.1
Required files: download G925VVRU4CPC2 Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. Also, download Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Here are the steps to update Verizon Galaxy S6 edge to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware.
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power together and then press the Home key. OR, check how to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. When connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number after a while. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, click on AP and select G925VVRU4CPC2. tar.md5 file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Your Galaxy S6 edge will now reboot. Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge G925V and enter your login details.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter