Bought a brand new Apple HomePod? Here's how you can set it up using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Learn to Set up Your HomePod and Get Started with Apple's Bass-Heavy Smart Speaker
There are two reasons why you're reading this - either you bought yourself a HomePod or you have one coming in tomorrow or later. Whatever the case might be, you've come to the right place. We'll show you how you can set up Apple's smart speaker in a few easy steps, and hopefully get you up and running almost immediately.
What You'll Need to Do Before Settings Up
- You must have either an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 11.2.5 in order to set up the HomePod. If you do not fulfill either of those requirements then you literally can't do anything to make your speaker work.
- iCloud Keychain must be enabled on your device. You can do so by heading over to Settings > iCloud > Keychain then turn on the iCloud Keychain toggle switch. You will be required to enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID as well.
- Please make sure that your WiFi and Bluetooth radios are turned on. If not, then the set up process will not move forward.
How to Set up HomePod
Assuming that you have Apple's smart speaker sitting in front of you and turned on, follow the steps below.
1. Once you see a pulsing white light on top of your speaker, bring your iOS device close to it and make sure your device is unlocked and on the home screen.
2. You'll see a notification in iOS showing you that the HomePod is nearby. Tap on Set Up.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts, which involves selecting the name of the room where the speaker is, whether or not you wish to enable Personal Requests and so on.
4. Once the set up process is complete, you'll hear Siri talking to you. It's that simple. You'll also see a confirmation on your iOS device that everything is up and running.
If you wish to tinker around with the speaker's settings, you can do so straight from the Home app. It lives on your home screen until or unless you've opted to place it inside a folder.
You may also like to check out: