How to Install ParanoidAndroid Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100
Based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, ParanoidAndroid custom firmware can now be installed on Samsung Galaxy S2 model I9100. Paranoid Android is a very popular custom firmware and we keep sharing the tutorials to install it on your Android devices. Follow this tutorial to install ParanoidAndroid custom firmware based on Android 4.2.2 JB on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Prerequisites to check before you install ParanoidAndroid Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your SGS2 I9100G should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S2 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install ParanoidAndroid Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100:
Required files: download the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM firmware file based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean from here. Also download the Google Apps Package for your smartphone. Save both the files on your computer and do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with computer using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on your device' SD card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S2 I9100 tablet from computer when the copy is done.
- Power off the SGS2 completely and reboot it into recovery mode.
- Take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded ParanoidAndroid Android 4.2.2 based custom firmware file for Galaxy S2 and confirm the installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy S2, repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When done, reboot your Galaxy S2 to boot into the newly installed ParanoidAndroid custom ROM.
Ta da! Your Galaxy S2 I9100 has now been flashed with the latest ParanoidAndroid custom firmware!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter