How to Root ForceROM for Sprint Galaxy S4
The ForceROM firmware for Sprint Galaxy S4 is pre-rooted with latest SuperSU app, de-odexed and zip-aligned. The firmware also improves performance and battery life of your smartphone with enhanced boot screen, ad-blocking and custom notification icons. ForceROM for Sprint Galaxy S4 also features transparent notification bar for a beautiful look and feel, improved SMS / MMS limit and many more options including official phone status.
Prerequisites before you root ForceROM for Sprint Galaxy S4:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that custom recovery tool (CWM or TWRP) is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root ForceROM for Sprint Galaxy S4:
- Connect your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 to computer using USB cable and mount the storage.
- Copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your SGS4 - do not extract any file.
- Disconnect your Galaxy smartphone and turn it off. Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Hold these until the screen flashes, then release all the keys.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM: important step to restore back later if this new ROM does not work or you want to switch back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe operations. Select wipe data/factory reset, and then confirm on the next screen. Clear wipe cache partition and finally wipe the dalvik cache by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache under advanced option.
- Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ForceROM zip file downloaded earlier and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the GApps file instead to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed successfully, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your Galaxy S4 into the new Force ROM.