GTFO is alive. We're referring to the cooperative shooter in development at Swedish independent studio 10 Chambers, of course.
GTFO kind of fell of the radar for a bit after the developers had promised (and failed, evidently) to launch in the Spring season, but today IGN published a new 15-minute long gameplay video from the Alpha build of GTFO. You can watch it embedded below.
The developers confirmed on Twitter that the current goal is to launch GTFO on Steam Early Access before the end of the year. They'd also like to release GTFO on consoles at some point, but that will inevitably have to wait given the very small size of the team (10 Chambers currently has only nine employees).
GTFO is a 4 player action/horror cooperative game for those looking for a real challenge.
Players get to play as a team of scavengers, forced to explore and extract valuable artefacts from a vast underground complex that has been overrun by horrifying monsters. Gather weapons, tools and resources to help you survive - and work to unearth the answers about your past and how to escape.
- 4 player cooperative PvE gameplay that puts you and your teammates through the ultimate co-op test.
- Together, explore treacherous environments that are both creepy and enchanting.
- Plan your expedition, equip and operate tools, combine your firepower, communicate and coordinate as a team - every detail counts if you are to survive the nightmare.
- GTFO’s Expedition Director throws players into new challenging situations in every play session.
- The Expedition Director controls every single parameter of the experience, derived from a hand tailored data set.
- Come prepared! Search the complex for better gear to take on new, harder challenges.
- Characters and dialog written by Adam Gascoine.
- Nightmarish atmosphere accompanied by music from acclaimed composer Simon Viklund.