Ghost Recon Breakpoint Getting Standalone PC Benchmark, Using AMD FidelityFX Tech
The days of triple-A games getting half-assed PC ports are largely behind us, and Ghost Recon Breakpoint is the latest game preparing to go all-out on the platform. Ubisoft is promising 4K and ultrawide monitor support, uncapped FPS, and full integration of AMD’s FidelityFX tech. Not sure if your rig is up to the task of running the Breakpoint on high settings? Well, Ubisoft will be releasing a standalone PC benchmark so you can test your machine before playing. Check out a 4K Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC trailer below.
- A visually stunning Ultra Graphics mode and wide range of settings for you to tweak.
- 4K support and uncapped FPS to take full advantage of your hardware.
- Full control customization.
- Ultra wide and multimonitor support.
- AMD partnership that includes their FidelityFX technology.
- Discord partnership to provide a rich presence in their client.
- Tobii partnership to implement gameplay and menu eyetracking.
- Standalone PC benchmark coming soon to check the game’s performance on your setup.
A pretty nice collection of features! Of course, the big unanswered question here is, how will Breakpoint perform? Ubisoft’s games have had issues with performance in the past, and all the cool features in the world don’t mean much if you need Skynet to run them.
Pretty visuals aren’t the only reason to be excited for Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Wccftech’s Alessio Palumbo got a chance to try out the game at E3 2019, and found it to be a fun, more tactical take on the Ghost Recon franchise…
[My] first impression is that these additions are poised to deepen the gameplay of Ghost Recon Breakpoint, making it slower and more tactical than its predecessor. There aren’t a lot of games like this, especially third-person, and this one can definitely carve a considerable niche for itself. The play session was a lot of fun as our group cooperated to take down the various objectives. That is, after all, where a title like Breakpoint shines the most — when you play it alongside a trusted party of comrades-in-arms.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint hits PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 4. The game will also be available on Google Stadia once it launches later this year.