Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Is Getting Smoother, Quicker Animations
Yesterday, the developers revealed the improvements that will be made to the Open Beta when compared to the earlier Closed Beta test. Overall, Ubisoft Paris worked on making smoother, quicker animations across the board, as you can see in the examples below. Vehicle handling in Ghost Recon Breakpoint has been improved, too, while difficulty has been made both more accessible at the lower end and more challenging at the higher end.
HIGHER CONTROL RESPONSIVENESS
- Enhanced responsiveness for the main character so that the controls feel smoother.
- Faster acceleration and stops of the main character, resulting in a decreased feeling of inertia.
- Faster weapon swaps for increased responsiveness when changing weapons.
- Faster stance changes to adapt more quickly to the situation.
- Faster interaction with chests to loot them.
- Less paralysis time after injury trigger (faster recovery of the controls).
- Faster entry into vehicles.
CANCELATION OF ONGOING ACTION
- Ability to cancel opening the chest.
- Ability to cancel car entries by moving the stick away from the interaction.
- Faster cancelation of intel-gathering interactions.
BETTER WALK / RUSH ANIMATION
NEW RUSH ANIMATION
- Rush Animation of the main character has been modified to be more natural.
WALKING / RUSHING REALISTIC ANIMATION
- Better terrain analysis when running to more accurately display correct animation.
BETTER CAMERA FOR SHOOTING FROM A VEHICLE
- Camera framing from passenger seats has been improved for better shooting opportunities.
CO-OP REPLICATION IMPROVEMENTS
DEBUGGED ONLINE REPLICATION OF OTHER GHOSTS
- Many fixes for various replication issues while playing in co-op, to ensure more coherent visuals and prevent unintended behavior like sliding, teleportation, and incorrect positioning.
DEBUGGED ONLINE REPLICATION OF NPCS
- Many fixes for various replication issues with NPCs to ensure more coherent visuals and prevent unintended behavior like sliding, teleportation, and incorrect positioning.
HANDBRAKE AND DRIFTING BEHAVIOR
- Improved handbrake behavior on vehicles, which allow the players to better handle/control the vehicle while drifting.
- The ground vehicles are less affected by the angle of the slopes to provide a less frustrating and more coherent driving experience.
TRAVELING WITH HELICOPTERS MORE ACCESSIBLE
- More helicopters distributed to grant greater ease of access to the open world.
- Sparrow helicopter is now accessible by default at the bivouac right away.
- More helipad locations available.
- All helicopters are now shown in the Erewhon shop menu without having to unlock them in the Skill Tree.
- Improvements made to help prevent NPCs from becoming stuck in walls.
- AI camp states are more reliable, resulting in consistent and logical behavior.
- NPCs related to specific missions improved to better move and follow more accurately.
- Improvements made to provide more logical enemy sniper behavior so they remain at or near their vantage points.
- NPCs will now take cover in a more realistic and logical way.
- Increased the window of opportunity to avoid the call for reinforcement.
- The time before the reinforcements arrive has been increased, meaning players will have more time to react and kill the archetype Radio Operator.
- Mortar is now far less precise, to give players more opportunities to move and avoid the hits.
MORE ACCESSIBLE EASY & NORMAL DIFFICULTY LEVELS
- Regular difficulty level has been turned down a little bit to prevent difficulty peaks.
- Arcade difficulty level is has been adjusted to be easier:
- Enemiy AI are less powerful, meaning they do less damage than before.
- Life regeneration of the main character is faster.
- Aim assistance has been increased to make a wide area of tolerance in which the players don’t have to aim precisely to target an enemy.
- Aim assist has increased precision.
MORE REALISTIC EXPERIENCE IN EXTREME DIFFICULTY
- The red lights on the mini-map that indicate enemy presence have been removed to provide increased immersion and challenge.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter