Finally Fixed! Windows 10 1903’s Windows Sandbox, Black Screen, and Several Other Known Issues
Microsoft delivered a cumulative update to Windows 10 May 2019 Update earlier today. The update brings a long list of general fixes and quality improvements to the latest version of the operating system. It also finally resolves the Windows Sandbox issue that was first spotted in May right after the release of version 1903.
The Windows Sandbox would fail to start with an error code “0x80070002” or ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903.
Microsoft has today addressed this problem with the release of KB4512941.
Not the only problem to be fixed with today's Windows 10 1903 non-security update
Along with the Windows Sandbox issue, Microsoft has also fixed five other known issues that affected Windows 10 version 1903. These include:
- Apps using Visual Basic 6 (VB6), VBA, and VBScript may stop responding with error
- Issues updating when certain versions of Intel storage drivers are installed
- Initiating a Remote Desktop connection may result in a black screen
- Devices starting using PXE from a WDS or SCCM servers may fail to start (0xc0000001)
- Domain connected devices that use MIT Kerberos realms will not start up
Windows 10 May 2019 Update has stayed away from any major, devastating bugs. However, a few small issues continued to pop up that affected a small subset of Windows 10 users. With today's release of KB4512941 (Build 18362.329), there are now only two known issues left in this version of the operating system, one of which is specific to Surface Book 2. These include:
- Updates may fail to install and you may receive Error 0x80073701: Installation of updates may fail and you may receive an error, "Updates Failed, There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later" and "Error 0x80073701."
- The dGPU may occasionally disappear from device manager on Surface Book 2 with dGPU: Some apps or games that needs to perform graphics intensive operations may close or fail to open on Surface Book 2 devices with NvidiadGPU.
While fixes have only arrived today, Windows 10 version 1903 experienced a massive growth last month, tripling its Windows 10 market share. With today's release and the resolution of several known issues, many more users will be open to finally hit that update button.
Microsoft is on its way to test the upcoming Windows 10 version 1909 along with the 2020 edition of the operating system. It's interesting to see the company working on three different versions at the same time, testing something completely new, something with a few simple quality improvements, and then working to address the issues in the already released version. The Windows maker has also decided to release the upcoming Windows 10 October 2019 Update as a cumulative update, focusing more on performance and quality of the OS than any new features.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter