First Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update For Nintendo Switch Available Now; Patch Notes Inside
Nintendo has released Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update 1.1 for the Nintendo Switch. The update includes fixes and improvements.
Unlike previous updates released by Nintendo in general, actual release notes have been provided for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s first update. One of the changes is the removal of one of Inkling Girl’s animations. You’ll find the full release notes below:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was released for the Nintendo Switch last month, and the racer became the best-selling game in the US for the month of April.
You can read our very own review of the game right here.